Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Easiest Low Calorie Mini Muffins


I love chocolate. When you're counting calories, anything chocolate seems to take a big chunk out of your daily intake. More than once I've sacrificed my dinner to enjoy Raisinets (I regrettably admit...). These sweet treats are super easy to make (two ingredients!) and they're a great low calorie snack (43 calories a piece!). I've seen many variations of the recipe, mine is as basic as it comes. Here's how to make them:

Ingredients:

- 1 Box of Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1 Can of Pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling!)

I happen to have these items in my pantry, but any cake mix will do.


That's all you need! Now for the instructions:

-Preheat oven to 350 F
-Mix your ingredients together well
-lightly grease mini muffin pan (I lightly sprayed mine with a vegetable oil spray)
-Fill muffin cups nearly full, distribute to allow for 48 mini muffins (I did not use muffin liners)- batter will be thick
-Bake for 18 minutes
-Allow muffins to cool in pan, then I usually dump the contents onto clean paper towels.

That's it! Now you have a low calorie chocolate fix to last you a while! I know these are commonly made with mini chocolate chips in them as well, which I'm sure is fantastic, I didn't add only because I was keeping the calories low on mine.








No comments:

Post a Comment